William Chris Vineyards and Lost Draw Cellars announced a plan to merge in October of this year. Today you’ll hear from the founders of those two wineries about the new William Chris Wine Company and its plans for the future. Plus, I’ve also got a round-up of the 23 biggest Texas wine stories of the year.
Connect with the Podcast:
Help the Show:
Buy Shelly a Glass of Wine!
Subscribe to the newsletter to get the downloadable Texas wine quiz. Answers included. Are you a Texas wine expert?
Listen and Subscribe in Apple Podcasts
Listen and Subscribe in Google Podcasts
Listen via web browser
Mentioned in this Episode
Texas Wine In the News
- VinePair names Southold’s All Things Go #8 best wine of 2020
- CL Butaud & Wine for the People Tasting Room Opens
- 4.0 Cellars Relaunches as Texas Wine Collective
- Houston Rodeo Uncorked Wine Competition Results
- San Francisco International Wine Competition Results
- Wine Industry Advisor: Seasoned Winemaker Brings Expertise to a New Wine Incubator at Kerrville Hills Winery
- Texas Monthly: 12 Texas Wines for the Holiday Season
- Fredericksburg Standard Radio-Post 2020 Reader’s Choice Awards
Top Texas News Stories of 2020
- Texas Wineries connect with customers via virtual tasting events.
- Increased direct-to-consumer shipping and curbside pickups
- Special release wine benefits restaurant workers
- Formation of a new Texas Winery PAC: Save Texas Wineries
- Travel to Texas wineries is strong, particularly in the Texas Hill Country
- 2020 Vintage is Light in Texas High Plains Due to Late 2019 Freeze. Big focus on Texas Hill Country fruit
- Texas wineries appear frequently in national news stories. State media also covers Texas wineries more than in past years.
- New wines and wine brands hit the market
- New wineries open
- New tasting rooms open
- New vineyard acreage planted
- New winemakers for several wineries
- Jason Hisaw named Texas Wine Ambassador
- New wine bars focusing on Texas wine
- New building projects for several wineries
- State Fair of Texas Blue Ribbon Selections
- New book by Jessica Dupuy focuses on wines of Texas, Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico: Wines of Southwest USA
- Best Collaboration: Texas Fine Wine and Texas Pecan Board
- New Texas wine magazine by Cross Timbers Wine Trail. Listen to Chuck Tordiglione talk about the magazine in a previous episode
- New Texas wine trail: Sam Houston Wine Trail
- Wine Enthusiast: Chris Brundrett Named to 40 Under 40 List
- William Chris Vineyards and Lost Draw Cellars Merge
- Texas continues to produce exceptionally good wine!
Interview with Chris Brundrett and Andrew Sides of William Chris Wine Company
--collaborative effort with Rae Wilson of @wineforthepeople
Shelly’s Wine Education Website: _www.toastwinetalk.com
Thanks to Texas Wine Lover for promotional help. For the latest information on Texas wineries and vineyards, visit Texas Wine Lover!